Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Zuckerman’s Second Awesome Idea (extra entry)

I took this sentence from Zuckerman's post to DavVaughn's blog post #3 and responded to it because I thought it was very interesting and extremely well worded.

"I also think that the stress level should open peoples eyes to the skills of others, not shove them deeper into the shadows."

I am not sure if I agree with the first half, because how would stress lead to people acknowledging other people’s skills? In this situation it looks like it is going to be true. Nadira seems like she will shine above the stress and her skills will probably be acknowledged—so it will probably become true in this book. Nadira might also improve and/or gain new skills because I believe people gain/improve skills from stressful situations. I love and definitely agree with the second half of the sentence. It is excellently worded and it is important when going through hard times to not be negative with others, and definitely “not shove them deeper into the shadows”. I think the sentence is very important because it states several key points, and gave me a new perspective and way of thinking of stressful situtations.

No comments:

Post a Comment