Thursday, March 26, 2009

Log 13 (Last Log)

"I want what you want. I want a future." -152

I believe this is a very important line in the book. Many immigrants don’t know what their future is going to be like, or where it is headed. It is hard to live a life when you don’t know where you are going to end up. I think this is a main reason why Aisha broke down. Aisha did a great job with the speech and I am glad she did it because it gets her voice heard, one step closer to the future. It is sad, but I think many people, such as immigrants, in the world don’t know where their future is headed. I think one way to take action is to buy fair trade products. You know the workers are paid fairly. (Until we watched the part of the movie “Wetback” it hadn’t occurred to me that immigrants left their country because of a failing economy, and because it was their last option. They must have been very desperate...) I am glad that Aisha and Nadira pulled through! I thought it was interesting that the last sentence of the book was “Go.” The last sentence makes me think. I think that they are going to start their life in a new, more positive way!

No comments:

Post a Comment