Thursday, March 19, 2009

Log 10 (Nadira blew it again!)

“It’s like a map that suddenly becomes clear-lines start feeding into the other.”

“What if it doesn’t work? What if they don’t care about my great big discovery? Maybe I have to do something else—something bigger, guaranteed to save Abba.” –page 117

I thought this was a very important paragraph in the chapters we read. I think it is very significant because Nadira made a great discovery, however she immediately second-guessed herself! She thought no one would care about her brilliant plan or if it would work. That is such a shame and she probably brought down her own confidence. Immediately after her discovery, she didn’t use it, and instead called the sly Tareq. I think she called Tareq because at the time she thought it was “guaranteed” that it would save Abba, however that doesn’t seem like her… After she almost followed through with her plan with Tareq-she backed down. I thought that was an excellent move. She was in a bad environment with guns and it didn’t seem like the right thing to do to save Abba; Tareq’s way seemed like he was cheating. (Unfortunately Tareq may be in trouble because it seemed like bad men were there to.) In the process with Tareq, she lied to Ali-Uncle. I thought this was a big deal because Ali-Uncle is so nice and Nadira learns so much from him. I bet Ali-Uncle sensed by her body language that she was lying, but didn’t say anything. This chapter was fast paced and decisions were made fast. If Nadira followed her instincts and used her original brilliant plan, she might have not been in this mess. I am now very curious what her original brilliant plan was. It bet it was related to maps in some way, figuratively or literally, because in the text it said so. (Calling Tareq doesn’t seem like it relates to maps…) This event of (maybe) taking action too quickly reminds me of the sentence, “The boat can’t wait for the tide.”

P.S.

I also noticed another sentence that related to water. (A a storm relates to angry water).

“Suddenly I can feel it, his words of patience telling me to choose right, even when the storm comes.” –page 122

No comments:

Post a Comment